As a result of some of the risks I took - i.e. Cold calls. - I have:
- Sat down for coffee/water/lunch with 3 wealthy individuals.
- Found what one wealthy individual would pay $100,000 for.
- Gotten advice on where to direct my energy from another wealthy individual.
- Gotten an offer of possible funding of business ideas from another.
- Found a possible untapped need in a market - that I'm testing out.
Now granted, one of these individuals is a relative but, with that being said - I have the opportunity to meet with yet another individual I hold in high esteem in the next several days who hangs out in the C-Suite of the company he helped build.
It's so funny how risk adverse we are when what we consider risky would have likely been shrugged off by our ancestors.
I can only imagine what my ancestors - who were slaves - would have thought if I told them that the only thing between me living like a slave and living like a master was talking to a bunch of people I don't know and enduring a difficult conversation or two.
I cannot fathom to deal with what they had to deal with or for that matter what man's prehistoric ancestors had to deal with when their biggest concern was
"Will I get eaten by a Saber Tooth Tiger Today?"
"Will someone use a 4-letter word to describe me because I interrupted their day?"
It's laughable how we describe risk today and for that reason - if I have time today (after I take a nap) I will be making some cold calls.