This Blog's Purpose

The purpose of this blog is help people improve their Mind, Body, Soul (relationships) and their Money.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

TOT - Thoughts on Thursday - Exercise as a form of stress release


angry from - istolethetv


The best advice my Dad ever gave me was when I was leaving home  to go to school at OU.

He said something to the effect of 

"Son, if you ever get frustrated and angry while you're at school - go to the gym and take it out on the weights" 

Boy has that advice saved me over the years!

As a black male people tend to have a stereotype of the "angry black male". It's a stereotype that I'm sad to say I often fit into in the past. But over the years that advice has worked wonders for me in attempts to control my anger or frustration with obstacles and circumstances I've had to overcome. 

(Meditation has also helped a ton.)

When I've had a rough day, or a rough couple of days, I'll put in an extra long workout and feel right as rain. 

If you've been having a rough time. I'd highly encourage  you to go to the gym, go for a run or even do 100 pushups where you stand right now.

 I'll bet you a nickel it will make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment